Tuesday, December 5, 2023

Couch Questions

How long it takes me to get up from the couch is a measure of my aging.

Where is it written that socks must match or to couch it another way when did life stop rhyming?

Should that picture over the couch pick up the green in the throw pillows?

Or should it clash loud enough to jar us awake and perturb our eyes?

Sitting on the couch, I never get to see the construction on the wall above me even though it is my favorite art piece.

Did Matisse’s painting register on the Richter scale when the polka dot wallpaper collided with the striped couch?

How would the couch feel if pictures were hung upside down?


Does apparel still oft proclaim the man? Does the couch proclaim the room?

When does a couch become a sofa or a divan? 

Now that I have an orange couch can I spill Ragu sauce on it?
No, now behave yourself.

Is it true that overnight my father didn’t wear a hat? Just thinking about that from the couch.

Why do some people slouch on their couch (like me) and others don’t?

Why are those hummingbirds (seen from my couch) refusing my feeder?

Where do dead birds go? Do they have a burial place like elephants?

Whatever happened to Sabu, the elephant boy last seen on TCM as I turned into a couch-potato?

How do today's actors walk into dark rooms with no lights except on their face and never bump into the furniture?

When the judge asks the defendant to rise I spring up from the couch.

When Freud fled Austria did he really take his couch along with all those dreams in its upholstery?

If couches could talk, would they? And then there are those throw pillows to worry about,

Famous lines from old movies: What is the meaning of this? Won't you sit down?

No comments:

Post a Comment