Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Approaching the Bench

I object, you honor.

On what grounds this time, Levine.

I object to the mendacity of the witness, the venal deceit.

One more outburst from you and I’ll hold you in contempt.

But, your worship, this man is beneath contempt. He is a self-serving, arrogant megalomaniac.

The jury will disregard that statement and one more word like that, counselor, and I’ll clear the courtroom.

But we are being led into sedition.

I’ll decide what is true in this courtroom.

I would like to introduce a new piece of evidence. Give me a few minutes and I’ll think of something.

Listen, Levine, we’ve been indulging your rambles for long enough.

In that case the defense rests.

My advice to you is to approach another bench………the park bench.

Yes, your Nothingness, I shall seek an empty bench, open up my brown bag and have an apple while contemplating the meaning of existence.

Best if you move around a bit or the pigeons might choose you upon which to deposit their waste.

I shall roam and probe, perhaps umpire a softball game at midnight, or listen to the passion flower catch its breath. Maybe I’ll go fly a kite or find my place on this mortal coil playing checkers with men in frayed suits while gazing into a water fountain to discover how it all began.                                                                                                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment